Next program begins on September 16th, 2021!
In this 12-week intensive writer coaching program you will work closely with Literary Agent, Editor, and Author Jessica Reino and fellow writers to improve your craft and create the best version of your fiction or non-fiction book.
Plus, you'll learn how to best position your book for the market and understand the right publishing option for YOU.
Improve your writing and create the best version of your book
Do you have a story idea that’s been percolating in your head, but no idea what to do with it? How to build it up? How to know if it even has legs—let alone mould it into a cohesive plot with compelling characters?
Or, do you have a completed manuscript, but know that it's in need of polishing?
At the end of this 12-week program you’ll raise your writing and your book to the next level in a way that you can't do alone.
Get published faster
Picture holding the first printed copy of your book in your hands. Picture seeing it on store shelves around the world. Picture pulling it up on Amazon and seeing thousands of five-star reviews.
This 12-week intensive mentorship will help you get there.
This program is led by Jessica Reino, a senior literary agent, freelance editor, multi-genre author, and author coach.
She knows great writing and what publishers—and readers—are looking for.
Boost your motivation in a supportive peer group
There is no better motivation for writers than getting instant feedback on their work. In this program you will share your work (up to 20 pages double-spaced each week) and receive helpful feedback and guidance from Agent Jessica Reino as well as other writers in the program.
Consider this a kind of “Writer Boot Camp” that will build you into a better writer, help you finish your book faster, and create the best, most polished product at the end of 12 weeks.
How will this program kick-start my writing career?
From our experience helping hundreds of writers with their books (and being writers ourselves), we know that writers improve fastest when they share their writing, get feedback, then incorporate that information into their work.
The best kind of feedback is from an expert in the field, someone who has written and published three books, edited numerous others, and helped publish many authors as a literary agent—someone like Jessica Reino, who will lead this coaching program.
Because this program is limited to 6 writers, everyone will have a chance to share their work each week and receive critical feedback to revise and improve their manuscript, both from Jessica, and their peers.
At the end of the 12-week program you will have part or all of a book written, and you will be well-positioned to publish, either traditionally or by self-publishing.
About Literary Agent Jessica Reino
Jessica is currently a Senior Agent at Metamorphosis Literary Agency, a literary agency with agents across The United States. She has also published three books in multiple genres, including the award-winning writing manual, The Writer's Zen.
Over nearly a decade in publishing she has worked as an author coach, a freelance substantive editor with Pandamoon Publishing, and a literary agent, all of which have informed the wide variety of tastes she has when it comes to storytelling.
Familiar with the popular, monthly Twitter chat #thewriterszen? You can thank Jessica for birthing that.
- Duration: 12 weeks. Next program begins on September 16, 2021.
- Meetings: Thursdays from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Eastern Time (Toronto/NYC) weekly.
- Share your work at any time on our private Slack channel for feedback and discussion.
- (Video: How does Slack work?)
- Weekly: Slack check-ins from Agent Jessica Reino, who will provide written feedback on your work, and guidance on your project.
- Alternating weeks: 2-hour, live group video chat sessions with Jessica and your peers.
Who is this program for?
- “The Novice”: Writers who have an idea.
- “The Dabbler”: Writers who have some chapters written.
- “The Finisher”: Writers who have a completed manuscript.
- Fiction or non-fiction writers who are willing to write & revise up to 20 pages weekly to share for weekly feedback.
- Writers who want to accelerate their progress toward publishing in a 12-week, intensive coaching program, under the guidance of an experienced literary agent, author, professional editor, and author coach.
- Self-published authors who were not happy with the success of their previous book(s).
Who is this program NOT for?
We have designed a program that’s meant to support writers who are at many stages in the writing process, but this is not for everyone. The format and approach will likely not suit the following writers:
- Writers with a completed manuscript who are unwilling to make potentially major changes to their book.
- Writers with a polished manuscript who are primarily interested in learning how to land a publishing deal.
- Traditionally published authors who are already familiar with writing process challenges including finishing multiple drafts, seeking peer feedback, working with an editor, querying an agent, and landing a book deal.
- Writers who are unwilling to write and submit new work weekly.
Tentative Weekly Schedule, September-December 2021
- September 16: Introductory video chat and first sharing & feedback session
- September 23: Video session
- September 30: Slack session
- October 7: Video session
- October 14: Writing catch-up week
- October 21: Slack session
- October 28: Video session
- November 4: Slack session
- November 11: Video session
- November 18: Slack session
- November 25: Writing catch-up week
- December 2: Video session
- December 9: Slack session
- December 16: Video session
In this program you will improve your writing, create the best version of your book, and get published faster, all under the guidance of a senior literary agent/author/editor/coach, in a supportive, motivating environment surrounded by your peers. The cost for 12 sessions and ongoing engagement via Slack is USD $995 (approx. CAD $1,250).
Want even more intensive mentorship? Add as many 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with Jessica as you like, for 10% off the regular price.
Our Guarantee: In our company’s 5-year history we’ve never needed to issue a refund because a client was unhappy. Still, in the unlikely event that you become our first, we will return 100% of your payment.
Enrol in this program and you'll also get:
- A copy of Jessica's award-winning writing manual, The Writer's Zen
10% off 1-on-1 meetings with Jessica for life
10% off all our editing services for life
What writers are saying about Jessica Reino
"[Her book], The Writer’s Zen, is a treasure trove of information for all kinds of writers — those with an idea, those writing their first manuscript, those submitting to agents, and beyond. I wish I had this book three years ago when I started querying! With ten chapters, it has everything you need to know for your career in publishing. Informative, inspiring, and personable, every writer will benefit from reading this guide and finding their inner zen."
— Dana Gricken
"Even as a published author, I found information in [Jessica's] book, The Writer’s Zen, that will be helpful to me in my path forward. Reino's book will empower authors in their journey, whether they are starting out at the 'idea' stage or getting ready to publish. In Chapter 1, Reino wrote, 'We don’t just 'become' writers. We ARE writers.' This book will take that idea one step further and help us become successful writers."
We stand by our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we realize that life happens. If you need to withdraw from the program early, here are our refund policies:
- 50% refund before session 4
- No refunds after session 4
Need a payment plan? Want to know more?
Contact us and we'll be happy to discuss your specific situation and answer all questions.