Next program begins on November 16th, 2020!
In this 12-week writer coaching program you will work closely with Literary Agent Noah Ballard and fellow writers to improve your craft and create the best version of your fiction or non-fiction book. Plus, you'll learn how to pursue a publishing deal from an expert at one of the world's top literary agencies.
Improve your writing and create the best version of your book
Do you have a story idea that’s been percolating in your head, but no idea what to do with it? How to build it up? How to know if it even has legs—let alone mould it into a cohesive plot set with compelling characters?
Or, do you have a completed manuscript, but know that it's in need of polishing?
At the end of this 12-week program you’ll raise your writing and your book to the next level.
Get published faster
Picture holding the first printed copy of your book in your hands. Picture seeing it on store shelves around the world. Picture pulling it up on Amazon and seeing thousands of five-star reviews.
This 12-week intensive mentorship will help you get there.
This program is led by Noah Ballard, a literary agent with one of the world's top agencies, Curtis Brown. He knows great writing and what publishers—and readers—are looking for.
Boost your motivation in a supportive peer group
There is no better motivation for writers than getting instant feedback on their work. In this program you will share your work (up to 20 pages each week) and receive helpful feedback and guidance from Literary Agent Noah Ballard and other writers in the program.
Consider this a kind of “Writer Boot Camp” that will build you into a better writer, help you finish your book faster, and create the best, most polished product at the end of 12 weeks.
How will this program kick-start my writing career?
From our experience helping hundreds of writers with their books (and being writers ourselves), we know that writers improve fastest when they share their writing, get feedback, then incorporate that information into their work.
The best kind of feedback is from an expert in the field, someone who has guided numerous authors to bestseller status, someone like Literary Agent Noah Ballard, who will lead this coaching program.
Because this program is limited to 6 writers, everyone will have a chance to share their work each week and receive critical feedback to revise and improve their manuscript, both from Literary Agent Noah Ballard and their peers.
At the end of the 12-week program you will have part or all of a book written, and you will be well-positioned to publish, either traditionally or by self-publishing.
About Literary Agent Noah Ballard
This coaching program is led by Noah Ballard, Literary Agent at Curtis Brown, Ltd., one of the world's top agencies, founded in 1914.
After studying creative writing at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, he began his career in publishing at Emma Sweeney Agency.
Today, Noah specializes in literary fiction, short story collections, and narrative non-fiction, including memoir, journalism, and pop culture. He is considered by Writer's Digest as the top literary agent to follow on Twitter.
Noah has appeared at graduate writing programs and writers' conferences across the United States, speaking on the subject of query letters, building non-fiction platforms, and submission etiquette.
A New Jersey native, Noah currently lives in Brooklyn.
- Duration: 12 weeks. Next program begins on November 16th, 2020.
- Meetings: Mondays from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Eastern Time (Toronto/NYC) Weekly.
- Share your work at any time on our private Slack channel for feedback and discussion.
- (Video: How does Slack work?)
- Weekly: Slack Check-ins from Literary Agent Noah Ballard who will provide feedback on your writing and guidance on your project.
- Most Weeks: 2-hour, live group video chat sessions with Noah and your peers.
Who is this program for?
- “The Novice”: Writers who have an idea.
- “The Dabbler”: Writers who have some chapters written.
- “The Finisher”: Writers who have a completed manuscript.
- Fiction or non-fiction writers who are willing to write & revise up to 20 pages weekly to share for weekly feedback.
- Writers who want to accelerate their progress toward publishing in a 12-week, intensive coaching program, under the guidance of an expert literary agent.
- Self-published authors who were not happy with the success of their previous book(s).
Who is this program NOT for?
We have designed a program that’s meant to support writers who are at many stages in the writing process, but this is not for everyone. The format and approach will likely not suit the following writers:
- Writers with a completed manuscript who are unwilling to make potentially major changes to their book.
- Writers with a polished manuscript who are primarily interested in learning how to land a publishing deal.
- Traditionally published authors who are already familiar with writing process challenges including finishing multiple drafts, seeking peer feedback, working with an editor, querying an agent, and landing a book deal.
- Writers who are unwilling to write and submit new work weekly.
Tentative Weekly Schedule, November-March 2021
- Nov. 16: Introductory video chat and first sharing & feedback session
- Nov. 23: Video session
- Nov. 30: Slack session
- Dec. 7: Video session
- Dec. 14: Writing catch-up week
- Dec. 21: Slack session
- Jan. 4: Video session
- Jan. 11 Slack session
- Jan. 18: Video session
- Jan. 25: Writing catch-up week
- Feb. 8: Slack session
- Feb. 15: Video session
- Feb. 22: Slack session
- Mar. 1: Video session
In this program you will improve your writing, create the best version of your book, and get published faster, all under the guidance of an expert literary agent, in a supportive, motivating environment surrounded by your peers. The cost for 12 sessions and ongoing engagement via Slack is USD $995 (approx. CAD $1,350).
Want even more intensive mentorship? Add as many 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with Noah as you like, for 10% off the regular price.
Our Guarantee: In our company’s 4-year history we’ve never needed to issue a refund because a client was unhappy. Still, in the unlikely event that you become our first, we will return 100% of your payment.
Enrol in this program and you'll also get:
- A free seat in Noah's next [How to Query] workshop (US $89 value)
- 10% off 1-on-1 meetings with Noah Ballard for life
- 10% off all our editing services for life
What writers are saying about Noah Ballard
"Noah's editorial insight and overall commentary helped shape my stories to be sent to publishers and agents. He also gave me advice and ideas on how best to proceed further with my writing."
—Katya Grishakova, June 2020
"Noah's experience as an agent was incredibly helpful, and he answered all the questions I had. I definitely got the value I was looking for."
—Kristy Arnett, June 2020
"Noah did a fantastic job with my query letter. I have another story in the works and hope he has the time to help me with it."
—Kevin Cooley, June 2020
"Working with Noah was a pleasure! His collaboration became a growth opportunity for me as his suggestions provided me with new perspectives on sections of my novel. He made me feel more confident in myself as a writer and in my book. I can't thank him enough for his professionalism, honesty, and valuable feedback."
—Piper Carrington, May 2020
We stand by our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we realize that life happens. If you need to withdraw from the program early, here are our refund policies:
- 50% refund before session 4
- No refunds after session 4
Contact us and we'll be happy to discuss your specific situation and answer all questions.