45-minute 1-on-1 meeting with Literary Agent Léonicka Valcius, including a pre-reading of your manuscript & book synopsis
About Léonicka Valcius
Léonicka Valcius is an Assistant Agent at Transatlantic Agency representing commercial
and genre fiction for adults and children.
Watch Léonicka on TVO's The Agenda
With nearly 10 years of experience in publishing, she prides herself in being the readers' advocate and the writers' champion.
Léonicka previously worked on the Online and Digital Sales team at Penguin Random House Canada, and as the French book buyer for Scholastic Book Fairs Canada. Léonicka is a proud alumnus of the Centennial Book + Magazine Publishing program and taught Book Sales and Marketing as part of the program.
Léonicka is also an in-demand speaker who has presented talks, taught workshops, and held pitch meetings at conferences including:
- BookNet Canada's Tech Forum
- Humber School for Writers
- Simon Fraser University Publishing UnConference
- Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators, and Performers (CANSCAIP) Conference
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference
- Word On The Street Toronto
- Toronto Writers Conference
- Atlanta Writers Conference
- Boston Writers Conference
- WriterFest Texas
As the founder of #DiverseCanLit and a member of The Festival of Literary Diversity, working with writers of colour is a key part of Léonicka's mandate.