Next program begins on May 25th, 2021!
In this 12-week writer coaching program you will work closely with Author, Editor, and former Literary Agent, Alisha Sevigny and fellow writers to improve your craft and create the best version of your fiction or non-fiction book.
Plus, you'll learn how to pursue a publishing deal from a 6-time published author!
Improve your writing and create the best version of your book
Do you have a story idea that’s been percolating in your head, but no idea what to do with it? How to build it up? How to know if it even has legs—let alone mould it into a cohesive plot with compelling characters?
Or, do you have a completed manuscript, but know that it's in need of polishing?
At the end of this 12-week program you’ll raise your writing and your book to the next level.
Get published faster
Picture holding the first printed copy of your book in your hands. Picture seeing it on store shelves around the world. Picture pulling it up on Amazon and seeing thousands of five-star reviews.
This 12-week intensive mentorship will help you get there.
This program is led by Alisha Sevigny, a 6-time published author, professional editor, and former literary agent (with 10 years of experience). She knows great writing and what publishers—and readers—are looking for.
Boost your motivation in a supportive peer group
There is no better motivation for writers than getting instant feedback on their work. In this program you will share your work (up to 20 pages double-spaced each week) and receive helpful feedback and guidance from Author Alisha Sevigny and other writers in the program.
Consider this a kind of “Writer Boot Camp” that will build you into a better writer, help you finish your book faster, and create the best, most polished product at the end of 12 weeks.
How will this program kick-start my writing career?
From our experience helping hundreds of writers with their books (and being writers ourselves), we know that writers improve fastest when they share their writing, get feedback, then incorporate that information into their work.
The best kind of feedback is from an expert in the field, someone who has written and published several books, edited numerous others, and helped publish many authors as a literary agent—someone like Alisha Sevigny, who will lead this coaching program.
Because this program is limited to 6 writers, everyone will have a chance to share their work each week and receive critical feedback to revise and improve their manuscript, both from Alisha, and their peers.
At the end of the 12-week program you will have part or all of a book written, and you will be well-positioned to publish, either traditionally or by self-publishing.
About Author Alisha Sevigny
Alisha Sevigny is a former literary agent, current freelance editor and published author of several acclaimed Young Adult (YA) novels, SUMMER CONSTELLATIONS, KISSING FROGS, and the SECRETS OF THE SANDS trilogy, set in Ancient Egypt.
As a former literary agent with The Rights Factory, Alisha has had the pleasure of representing many talented domestic and international clients, including a holistic beauty guru and a renowned environmental activist, as well as several debut fiction authors:
- Kristen Ma (Beauty, Pure and Simple)
- Emily Hunter (The Next Eco-Warriors)
- Susan Glickman (The Tale-Teller, Safe as Houses)
- Aya Tsintziras (Pretty Bones)
- Karen Wheeler (Tout Allure, Tout Suite)
Exceedingly familiar with the publishing industry, both as a former agent and hybrid writer, Alisha specializes in pitches and developmental edits.
Her editorial client, P.H. Oliver, (THE GYNESAURS) was the only self-published author to be long-listed for 2018's Stephen Leacock Medal of Humour Award, representing the top 10 funniest books in the country.
Other freelance clients include award-winning musician, Linda Brooks, and her non-fiction collection of essays, songs and photographs, ORCHESTRA IN MY GARDEN.
Alisha is continuously giving workshops on the writing and publishing process and enjoys working with authors of all genres and backgrounds.
- Duration: 12 weeks. Next program begins on May 25th, 2021.
- Meetings: Tuesdays from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Eastern Time (Toronto/NYC) weekly.
- Share your work at any time on our private Slack channel for feedback and discussion.
- (Video: How does Slack work?)
- Weekly: Slack check-ins from Author Alisha Sevigny, who will provide feedback on your writing and guidance on your project.
- Most Weeks: 2-hour, live group video chat sessions with Alisha and your peers.
Who is this program for?
- “The Novice”: Writers who have an idea.
- “The Dabbler”: Writers who have some chapters written.
- “The Finisher”: Writers who have a completed manuscript.
- Fiction or non-fiction writers who are willing to write & revise up to 20 pages weekly to share for weekly feedback.
- Writers who want to accelerate their progress toward publishing in a 12-week, intensive coaching program, under the guidance of an experienced author, professional editor, and former literary agent.
- Self-published authors who were not happy with the success of their previous book(s).
Who is this program NOT for?
We have designed a program that’s meant to support writers who are at many stages in the writing process, but this is not for everyone. The format and approach will likely not suit the following writers:
- Writers with a completed manuscript who are unwilling to make potentially major changes to their book.
- Writers with a polished manuscript who are primarily interested in learning how to land a publishing deal.
- Traditionally published authors who are already familiar with writing process challenges including finishing multiple drafts, seeking peer feedback, working with an editor, querying an agent, and landing a book deal.
- Writers who are unwilling to write and submit new work weekly.
Tentative Weekly Schedule, May-August 2021
- May 25: Introductory video chat and first sharing & feedback session
- June 1: Video session
- June 8: Slack session
- June 15: Video session
- June 22: Writing catch-up week
- June 29: Slack session
- July 6: Video session
- July 13 Slack session
- July 20: Video session
- July 27: Writing catch-up week
- August 3: Slack session
- August 10: Video session
- August 17: Slack session
- August 24: Video session
In this program you will improve your writing, create the best version of your book, and get published faster, all under the guidance of an established author, in a supportive, motivating environment surrounded by your peers. The cost for 12 sessions and ongoing engagement via Slack is USD $995 (approx. CAD $1,250).
Want even more intensive mentorship? Add as many 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with Alisha as you like, for 10% off the regular price.
Our Guarantee: In our company’s 4-year history we’ve never needed to issue a refund because a client was unhappy. Still, in the unlikely event that you become our first, we will return 100% of your payment.
Enrol in this program and you'll also get:
- A free seat in Alisha’s next [How to Write YA & Kidlit] workshop (US $89 value)
- 10% off 1-on-1 meetings with Alisha for life
10% off all our editing services for life
What writers are saying about Alisha Sevigny
"Working with Alisha was wonderful — from pitching to her via email to meeting in person to discuss her evaluation. Alisha made it easy to work together as she is always pleasant and genuinely cares about helping writers. I appreciate that she offered lots of encouragement and specific recommendations to help make my book the best it can be."
— Marisa B., Toronto
"I really benefited from the clear comments on my manuscript which Alisha provided me. They were concise, very helpful and improved my knowledge of the writing trade. Her comments certainly improved the quality of my non-fiction novel.”
— James B., Orillia
"Alisha was a great help in reviewing and in helping to refine my pitch for my novel before sending it off to a literary agent."
— Rhesa S., Toronto
"Alisha combed through my 140,000 word manuscript offering many different strategies that I could employ to bring it down to the recommended maximum word count (under 100,000) for the genre in which it would be classified. Readers have since told me that they were most impressed with the tightness and pace of the book, feeling that every line was worth reading. There is no doubt in my mind that this high praise was due to Alisha's keen instinct for what a reader wants and needs in order to keep turning the page. Indeed, this, I would say, is the hallmark of Alisha's own writing. She pointed out plot and character inconsistencies that I had missed, even after much scrutiny and gently curtailed my penchant for overly verbose descriptions. She provides a thorough and discerning voice that will allow you to reconsider and/or validate your work from a fresh and knowledgeable perspective, always keeping the writer's delicate ego in mind. A pleasure to work with from beginning to end."
— P.H. Oliver
We stand by our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we realize that life happens. If you need to withdraw from the program early, here are our refund policies:
- 50% refund before session 4
- No refunds after session 4
Contact us and we'll be happy to discuss your specific situation and answer all questions.